10/06/2021

Gong -Continental Circus (1971)

"Continental Circus" is that one soundtrack to an obscure movie that so many of these prog/psyche bands seemed to put out in the late 60's and early 70's. This one was for a French film about motorcycle racing, which I'm sure 4 people thorougly enjoyed. The final product is strange as hell because you have early style space rock combined with lyrics and sound effects related to motorcycle racing. This to me is weirder than all of the complex concepts behind albums like "The Wall" or "The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway", because professional motorcyle racing is such a random thing to combine with psychedelic music. It took me a few listens to warm up to this one but I really like it a lot. It's trippy and the guitar playing is pretty creative. Hopefully, I'll track this movie down eventually.

Sem comentários:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails